Monday, September 22, 2008

Is Extraversion Regional?

I am an extravert, plain and simple. Extraversion is defined by Wikipedia as: "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self". I would say that pretty much sums it up! When I have spent too much time alone, I can tell. A sort of "cabin fever" sets in and I must, I MUST, speak with another human being. For some reason my kids don't quite cut it, but I think that's because they're still pretty small.

There is an interesting study on the Wall Street Journal called the "United States of Mind". It's a fascinating look at the predomniant personality traits in each state. North Dakota ranks #1 for extraversion, and the state that ranks the lowest for extraversion is Maryland. So I guess when visiting Maryland, don't expect alot of talkative people?

What's really funny is that North Dakota also ranks #1 for "agreeableness" (I honestly did not know that was a word). SO -- what we can take from this study is... North Dakota would be a great place to vacation?

0 comments:

Fun Sites

Blog of the Day

BlogCatalog

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP