Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wanna Live Underground?

Wanna live underground? I do :-). You might think I'm a little nuts (ok, so maybe I am a little nuts, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with this). I have recently discovered the wonder that is underground, or "earth sheltered" homes. It seemed a little odd to me until I really started researching it.

Apparently, the ground temperature is very consistent and having your home surrounded on at least three sides and covered by earth keeps your home at a steady temperature. These home plans also utilize solar energy, indoor greenhouses and interior venting to help heat and cool your home "off the grid".

I am SO ready for this -- my electric bills are contributing to my already progressive case of "crazy", and besides, isn't it time we started using the awesome green energy technologies that we've developed?

0 comments:

Fun Sites

Blog of the Day

BlogCatalog

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP